www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Editing the HTML of a single site installed with Wordpress

Editing the HTML of a single site installed with Wordpress

Hi all,

I'm not advanced enough to be using entirely HTML or even WYSIWYG for building a website, and have installed a Wordpress theme.

However, there are very tiny/basic things that are limited by such method and I know enough HTML (well, can find on Google) to make the changes I want to make.

The question is - how can I find out which page is displayed for which webpage address in my public_html?

Basically, what I'm trying to achieve is something like Google Dev Tools where I can right click on my webpage, click 'Inspect Elements' and edit my webpage straight from there - is there a program that can connect to my website (hosted by Hostgator) that can do this? Because of the Wordpress twist, FTP get's too complicated. I've tried Dreamweaver, Microsoft WebMatrix and FileZilla - none of which can do what I wish to achieve.

Any tips for a newbie?

Many thanks

No. It doesn't exist. You'll need to make edits to your WP templates, then upload those to your server.

Thanks Javaboey - I've opted to uninstall WP and start from scratch, wish me all the best!
    Cheers

Thread Information