dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how to creat a multi-level user website

how to creat a multi-level user website

i want to build a website that have multi level of user and level 1 users have their own subdomain and can creat and manage lower level users on their own subdomain and manage their permissions to access and change different areas.
    this is my college project and i have to do it !
    i started recently and learned some html, css, javascript.
    i am allowed to use any programming language and CMS.
    i have 90 days.
    -is here the right place for asking this question?
    -where should i begin ?
    -whats best platform and language for this website?

Hi!
    At the beginning the most important thing for your application is the database design, I guess.
    I would draw an ER-Model with a tool like MySql-Workbench. If you did this you can show us and maybe we have some improvement suggestions for you.

As program language I would use php for the server side and javascript for the client side.
    If you want, you can use a framework like codigniter, laravell, yii or something like that.
    The big advantage of a framework is that you don't have to care about routing, database connection and so on.
    The disadvantage is that you have to come to grips with the framework.

I don't know what the users can do (except of user management) on the application. Because of that it's difficult to say if it is a good choice to use a CMS or not.
    Maybe it could be a bit tricky use a CMS with dynamic subdomains, it should work but I never did something like this.

this is a website for managing kindergartens . each one has a subdomain and some user within it's own subdomain with different permissions.
    i think entering, sorting, editing, viewing details of kids and classes and financial things is the main function of this website.

Ok, so if it's no website to present the kindergartens to the public, I wouldn't use a CMS. Because a CMS is for publishing content to the publicity.
    In your case my advice is to use a Framework, I would use codigniter for that (this is a very subjective opinion).

Also I really suggest to do a very good planing for your application. First plan the Database-design (ER-Modell). After that plan the design of your code (Design Patterns like MVC etc.). I really recommend to use the MVC pattern, this is a very common pattern in web applications.
    If you use codigniter as framework, more or less it will force you to use the MCV pattern.
    But keep in mind there are many other pattern which could be useful (cue: Gang of four).

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe" Abraham Lincoln
    What I would say with this quote is, for a good program (which should be extensible, maintainable, testable, etc.) planing and preparation is very very important!

no. there's nothing much to publish. maybe some report be created from database.
    So you think php is a good server side language for this project. i don't know any php programming. i will begin learning php and start designing the database .
    thanks for your help

According to as my knowldege there are two types of websites static or dynamic website.static site websites are make in HTML,CSS,JavaScript.Dynamic websites are make in PHP.

Thread Information