www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Quotation Form

Quotation Form

Hi - I'm a web designer working mainly in html with a little bit of PHP but would really like to learn more about Javascript. I have a client who sells cushions and would like a little quote calculator on their web page to show customers the cost of cushions that they sell depending on size. The calculation would be (where 24 x 24 x 4 are where the customer could enter any height, length and width to determine cost):

24" X 24" x 4" = 2304. 2304 divided by 144 = 16.

16 x 3.10 = 49.60.

I have absolutely no idea where to start! Could anyone help/point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks.

I would suggest starting with the javascript tutorials on w3schools.com.

try this cush_calc.zip

Cushion Calculator

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The script is fantastic and absolutely what I needed. I can't thank you enough for taking the time and trouble to do that. Can you recommend any really good sites for beginners that could help me get started with Javascript?

Thank you again.

you're welcome ) i have no idea about sites to be recommended, because the most majority of the sites i could recommend would be in russian (i'm from Russia lol). i think you will get better advice from somebody who is native english-speaking. although this forum is a good place to get practice and maybe even to improve your programming skill if you try to help people to solve their programming problems. if you have any questions about the cushion script i can comment the code (don't promise my comments will be in good english, sorry). by the way, there are many high skilled coders over here who can compose much better code than mine - i am just an amateur

Cushion Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Padonak View Post
    you're welcome ) i have no idea about sites to be recommended, because the most majority of the sites i could recommend would be in russian (i'm from Russia lol). i think you will get better advice from somebody who is native english-speaking. although this forum is a good place to get practice and maybe even to improve your programming skill if you try to help people to solve their programming problems. if you have any questions about the cushion script i can comment the code (don't promise my comments will be in good english, sorry). by the way, there are many high skilled coders over here who can compose much better code than mine - i am just an amateur
    Okay - I am going to have a hunt on the Internet and will certainly be have a read through the forums here in the future. And thank you again - don't really agree with the amateur bit - compared to me you're a pro!

Thread Information