www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: web developer prices

web developer prices

How much does it cost to pay someone to build a website?

I realize that the answer is not straight forward, but how should one begin to approach this question?

If I wanted to make website like 'games.com' just with one or two high-functioning, simple, visually-appealing, and easy-to-use games (like Family Feud or Book Worm)--could I pay someone to do this with a teacher's salary? Or should I be looking for investors? (What level of expertise should I develop in web site design and develop for myself so that I don't get ripped off?)

Well, it doesn't cost much, you can get your site built at cheap price if you take help of freelancers. Around $200 to $500.

Quote Originally Posted by intense View Post
    How much does it cost to pay someone to build a website?
    Hi Intense,

In my personal opinion, there are lot of things you need to consider when figuring the salary of web developer. Some of it are difficulty of the tasks, time frame for the tasks, location of the developer and etc. Check out this infographic which can give you an idea on web developers Salary in different part of the world and their AVARAGE salary. http://www.staff.com/blog/salaries-f...s-infographic/

There are also several different classes and specialties when you're hiring a web developer.
    They don't do the same things, and prices, rates, and fees can vary dramatically.

As a web developer, I would strongly caution you to avoid anyone who says they're willing to create a website for you from scratch for less than $4,500. Less than that, and you run the serious risk ending up with a pre-fab website that'll cost you more to keep operating than hiring someone who isn't cutting corners.

Obviously, the more you pay up front, the closer you get to paying nothing on an ongoing basis.

There are lots of bad developers that sell minimal services at or below cost, with the knowledge that they're not selling you a complete product. Sure, spending $200 or less for a website may sound good. But as someone who's been in the industry for 20 years, I'm just saying there's more to it than throwing some text on a page and hoping it flies.

The whole purpose of investing in a website is to make a return. You expect to earn leads, build a list, or sell products. To do that, you need to hire a web developer that understands how to make that happen.

It's not cheap, but it pays for itself.

Hope that helps.

u need to think if you want just someone to create the web site or someone that give you support when you need some help or improve your web site. The best thing you should do is send a briefing to freelancers or webdesign business with yours needs to check the lowest price that they can give to you! Here in Brasil there is
    company that make sites that costs more ou less $250, like for example a "Sites a Mil" and the support can be negotiated too pay by month or year.

Look, I'm sure they're great guys, and I'm not going to dissuade you from working with anyone.
    That would be inappropriate.

Their site looks pretty. The animation on the home page is damn cool. Wish I'd thought of it.
    If pretty is the only thing that's important to you, and you want to go that route, go for it.

But if you do, you're buying a site from someone with a MOZ rank of 10 on their own site, 43 twitter followers, and only 160 likes on their Facebook page. Nothing against them, but those are hobbyist or intern level stats. They're also using long keyword meta tags, which tells you that their knowledge of SEO is years out of date.

Why should you have to think of support as a separate line item on a web project? You're paying them for a service. If it's broken or there is an issue, they should fix it.
    Like SEO and the many other things you pay for when you buy a site, it should be part of the package. If they're not including these things, they're knowingly selling you something that doesn't have all the pieces you need.

Nobody's going to get you into a situation that doesn't make sense for them economically.
    When it sounds too good to be true, there will be strings of one sort or another, every time.

It's not uncommon for the extremely cheap services to be on par with or notably more expensive than the most expensive ones.

You're better off shooting for the mid-range.
    At least you'll get honest bids that way.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Thread Information