Hi all,

I don't know if I should have posted this in the php, SQL section, so I thought I would just go with the general section. Anyway, I have just recently started looking into creating a website of my own, and was wondering if anyone could give me a shove in the right direction. I am not really familiar with internal search engines. So, for starters could someone recommend what I should do for that? Right now, I am looking at the open source search platform Apache Solr. What I am trying to do is create an internal search engine for my site to make it easier for users to find image files that I will be posting. So any information on this topic would be helpful. I am still unsure whether or not I should even use this platform or if there is any better ones out there for me to use. The main function of the search engine will be to find image files that I have on the site. I currently do not have anything to show you as of yet, as I am still planning the site and am trying to wrap my head around the back-end. However, I do have some experience with html, css, javascript, and java. I only recently started getting into php so please bear with me if my views on the back-end of a website are still a bit fuzzy.

Thanks in advance