www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Animated text like on mullen.com

Question Animated text like on mullen.com

Hi all
    I would love to learn to program a similar animated text affect like the thing on:
    http://www.mullen.com/

It does not need to have the advanced gravity options and so on ...

I'm taking it's using somekind of a javascript physics engine?
    Is there any libary's or code snippets that can do something like this?
    And any instructions in how to set it up?

I understand simple Javascript and AJAX, - but need some help learning this ...
    Thnx

- Helio

The site you mention relies on an animation package that works with a popular JavaScript framework called "jQuery". If you look at all of the <script> tags on the page, you can determine which files it uses and use that information to locate the origin of the animation package so you can get the documentation and any licensing information.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rtrethewey View Post
    The site you mention relies on an animation package that works with a popular JavaScript framework called "jQuery". If you look at all of the <script> tags on the page, you can determine which files it uses and use that information to locate the origin of the animation package so you can get the documentation and any licensing information.
    Hey man, first of all thnx for your answer.. totally awesome, appreciates it...

I know a little about "jQuery", but can't find the package .. also without being an expert in JQuery(but someone that have followed simple examples in it like creating stuff like image sliders, or animated menus) I take it that this sort of thing is something that is built on top of the normal jQuery library?

Anyways:
    It does not need to be the exact package/library/script ... I would just like to learn to create some cool animated and user interfered text effects and so on ...

So in short I'm not sure I'm looking for an exact extraction, as much as a link to the origin of something similar - if that makes sense?

- Helio

Thread Information