www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how to hide picture from googling

how to hide picture from googling

Dear All!
    PLease, is it possible to rename the picture from the internet and/or to change format so that one can't google it again using google images?
    Many thanks!

Renaming the image will not stop Google from indexing it. What you need is a robots.txt file in your root directory. Google "robots.txt" for more information...

what is roborts.txt?

Is there a way to find out a picture when it id..decoded??? like this?
    Many thanks!

hidden pic

Hello!
    It goes for a picture which is probably taken form the internet.
    Maybe google, maybe not.
    My q is if I can using robot.txt take a pic from google, rename it, paste it to another page (chat, anything) and then make it not googable any more...because I don't want others to find that pic...

I mean, the pic IS still googable, but only not undr the name I changed when I renamed it...

(or does google has the ability to search after a pic like pic)

Many thanks!

The file robots.txt is used to suggest to web crawler robots whether they should index the contents of your site, or parts of it. Well behaved robots, like the Google bots, will obey that instruction. Badly behaved ones will not. If you want to know how to set-up a robots.txt file Google "robots.txt". It is well documented, and there is little point my repeating it here.

It goes about the pic that somone probably found on internet, decoded ( or whatelse) and then PASTED on a public chat forum.

The aim was us not get from the view- surce/inspect element way what is the pic about, the tittle, what it is showing, etc.

Is it that what You ment?

Many thanks!

Thread Information