www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Extra column in table BBCode

Extra column in table BBCode

Hi,
    On a hockey forum I am using the following code as a league table in a table format. However, as you can see, there is an extra column at the beginning.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be avoided?

Cheers

Preview:

Code:

Code:

Well, it doesnt seem to be showing the code... Or allowing me to, typical.

If you click "reply with quote" then you will see the code if it isnt already showing.

Irrelevant comments deleted.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 08-26-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    Irrelevant comments deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    Your code needs validating. The tag <td> (table data) is only valid in <tr> (table row). Also:

- Are you using a <!DOCTYPE> declaration, and, if so, which?

- Why are you using [ ] braces instead of < >? How did you get the code to even run???.

As I said, it's BBCode, I can't use HTML.

Yes, I realized that my comments were irrelevant. That is why I deleted them.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr123 View Post
    Hi,
    On a hockey forum I am using the following code as a league table in a table format. However, as you can see, there is an extra column at the beginning.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be avoided?

Cheers

Preview:
    PHP Code:

[center]
    [
    table][td]#[/td][td]Team[/td][td]GP[/td][td]W[/td][td]L[/td][td]LO[/td][td] PTS[/td] 
    [td]1[/td][td][URL="www.belfastgiants.com"][COLOR="teal"]Belfast Giants[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]2[/td][td][URL="www.braeheadclan.com"][COLOR="purple"]Braehead Clan[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]3[/td][td][URL="www.cardiffdevils.com"][COLOR="red"]Cardiff Devils[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]4[/td][td][URL="www.coventryblaze.co.uk"][COLOR="skyblue"]Coventry Blaze[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]5[/td][td][URL="dundeestars.com"][COLOR="darkBlue"]Dundee Stars[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]6[/td][td][URL="www.edinburgh-capitals.co.uk"][COLOR="magenta"]Edinburgh Capitals[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td
    [
    td]7[/td][td][URL="fifeflyers.co.uk"][COLOR="blue"]Fife Flyers[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]8[/td][td][URL="hullstingrays.co.uk"][COLOR="grey"]Hull Stingrays[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]9[/td][td][URL="sheffieldsteelers.co.uk"][COLOR="teal"]Sheffield Steelers[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]10[/td][td][URL="www.panthers.co.uk"][COLOR="orange"]Nottingham Panthers[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [/
    table][/CENTER
    Code:

PHP Code:
    [center]
    [
    table][td]#[/td][td]Team[/td][td]GP[/td][td]W[/td][td]L[/td][td]LO[/td][td] PTS[/td] 
    [td]1[/td][td][URL="www.belfastgiants.com"][COLOR="teal"]Belfast Giants[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]2[/td][td][URL="www.braeheadclan.com"][COLOR="purple"]Braehead Clan[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]3[/td][td][URL="www.cardiffdevils.com"][COLOR="red"]Cardiff Devils[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]4[/td][td][URL="www.coventryblaze.co.uk"][COLOR="skyblue"]Coventry Blaze[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]5[/td][td][URL="dundeestars.com"][COLOR="darkBlue"]Dundee Stars[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]6[/td][td][URL="www.edinburgh-capitals.co.uk"][COLOR="magenta"]Edinburgh Capitals[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td
    [
    td]7[/td][td][URL="fifeflyers.co.uk"][COLOR="blue"]Fife Flyers[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]8[/td][td][URL="hullstingrays.co.uk"][COLOR="grey"]Hull Stingrays[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]9[/td][td][URL="sheffieldsteelers.co.uk"][COLOR="teal"]Sheffield Steelers[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [
    td]10[/td][td][URL="www.panthers.co.uk"][COLOR="orange"]Nottingham Panthers[/COLOR][/URL][/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
    [/
    table][/CENTER
    To get bbCode to show, wrap it in "php" tags. You're missing the bbCode "tr" tags. Working Example:
    Code:
    Name Age
    John 65
    Gitte 40
    Sussie 19
    bbCode used for working example:
    PHP Code:
    [table]
    [
    tr]
    [
    th]Name[/th]