www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript load priority problem

Hybrid View

Javascript load priority problem

Hello everybody.

I have a problem with running javascript.

On my website: http://s479828935.onlinehome.fr/work.php when you open the page and all videos are not yet posted, my pirobox js does not work. Only once all the videos are loaded and I click on a video, the video opens well in a modal window. But it's long...

And it's the same for the left menu, when you go to the artist page, the menu opens, then you click to work page, the menu is still open and artist in black. Whereas it should close and be yellow directly when clicking the work link.

The correct thing would be, all the menu to be in yellow except work, when clickink on work menu (it works for other pages), and if not all images of the video are loaded, when clicking on a video, this one should be opened thanks to the pirobox script. Masonry can load at the very end, I don't need this first.

I tried many things with .onload or .ready but I'm not very good with this then it did not work. You can see all the code with firebug.

Thank you in advance for your precious help.

Quote Originally Posted by eruziz View Post
    But it's long...
    That's an understatement! Yes, this problem may need solving, but having a website that does not take 30 seconds to load should have a higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Airblader View Post
    That's an understatement! Yes, this problem may need solving, but having a website that does not take 30 seconds to load should have a higher priority.

Exactly well, I optimized my code and it works perfectly Thank you !

i have very slow internet connection and many sites take more than just 30 seconds to load <wink> for example, JavaScript has just taken 1 minute and 6 seconds to load
    Last edited by Padonak; 09-07-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    xxx: Guess Buddhist riddle: "What is the sound of one hand clapping?"
    yyy: facepalm

Thread Information