www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Mac or PC?

Mac or PC?

Just curious in knowing how many of you use Mac vs PC when developing? I use a PC with Dreamweaver, for some reason I prefer a PC when developing in Dreamweaver. I have a nice Mac Pro with Dreamweaver but always find myself developing sites on my PC.

If someone can start a poll that would be cool... Thx

Mac OSX all the way, I'm a Front end dev and use Textmate for most of my work. I just find Mac run faster and with less noise getting in the way.

Hi there,

In my opinion its better to use which of the two is fast and can work on multi tasking. If it has the same specs I would use you Mac. However, it depend on you where you are comfortable to work with or productive.

MAC again and again. No viruses, always quick! Enough for me

It doesn't matter what we think. You need to get the one that has the features and applications that you need and that will make you productive, at a price you are willing to pay for.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I just find Mac run faster and with less noise getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    It doesn't matter what we think. You need to get the one that has the features and applications that you need and that will make you productive, at a price you are willing to pay for.
    I agree. I just wanted to get a feel of what most developers are using.

My choice is PC. However I understand that sometimes it's difficult to use it in developing process in comparison with Mac.

Well, since I just sling code, all I really need is a code editor (I happen to use Komodo Edit these days) and an installation of Apache, MySQL (or PostgreSQL), and PHP; so pretty much any platform will work for me. I happen to use Windows purely out of inertia: I'm used to it, I know how to use it, and it works just fine. I'm sure I could be just as productive on a Mac or Linux machine -- once I got past the initial learning curve.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I am using PC, but I like MAC.

PC can be very slow sometimes and I would prefer to use Mac this time.

Coming from a developer who used both, its really just a preference.

Lately ive been using more and more osx, but thats just my preference shifting. As stated here already, I cant quite put my finger on it, but PC definitely does have more 'noise' when you're developing.

Thread Information