dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where To Get A Free .Com Domain Name?

getting a ".com" domain name for free is impossible, If some hosts provide free ".com" domain name, be aware of there hidden conditions.

Alot of these posters are wrong, you can get free .com so yes it does exist unless im the only person in the whole world that can get a free .com but im not, ive got one from www.gybo.com/wisconsin but you need to be from wisconsin which im not im from the uk but just use a vpn.

i don't use the .com anymore as i buy my domains from GD now.

So to answer the question yes you can get a free .com or even a .net

Quote Originally Posted by craigibhoy View Post
    Alot of these posters are wrong, you can get free .com so yes it does exist unless im the only person in the whole world that can get a free .com but im not, ive got one from www.gybo.com/wisconsin but you need to be from wisconsin which im not im from the uk but just use a vpn.

i don't use the .com anymore as i buy my domains from GD now.

So to answer the question yes you can get a free .com or even a .net
    Of course, if you lie and defraud people, you can get lots of things for free. The implicit context of the question was that you obtain the domain LEGITIMATELY.

Its not fraud tho, the who purpose of that website is to get people to create websites which is legal of course, but to get a domain name for free you need to be from wisconsin, so if you are from wisconsin then its not fraud because there offering you a domain name for free.

freenom.com is giving free ml, tk, ga, cf.

There are many hosting providers that offer free domain name with hosting plan. You will have to look for cheap shared hosting plan that includes free domain name.

It is advertising speak to attribute a payment to part of a package deal and to claim that the rest is "free". Since you cannot have the "freebie" WITHOUT PAYMENT, it is not free. Hence if a domain name is "free" only with a hosting plan, then it is not free, since it is part of a transaction that is not free!

OVH offers domains at no cost and with no tags attached. However, these are their own .ovh domains. OVH are a large France-based registrar and quite a reliable one, although their domain management interface is awful. It is very powerful, though, and it even allows you to edit DNS zones in text mode. A small hosting (10MB) comes for free (needs ti be activated separately), but you won't do much with such limited space.

I have always thought that the reason why its almost impossible to get a free domain name is because they need to verify your identity. A credit card is a quick way to verify that. I wish there were free domain options though!

-Marisa Schmidt

I have registered ~40 domains, under own name as well and others' names, and only once was I asked to "prove" my identity by emailing a driving licence scan. For all other cases, domain was registered to the name I chose, irrespective of who made the payment. But this is Europe, maybe US regulations are different.

no way

Thread Information