www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: ios 3d game development

ios 3d game development

when searching for tutorials expecting to find recent openGL tutorials is almsot impossible. All I seem to come across is Unity3d. Does anyone have any experience with Unity? and should I be learning unity or should i focus on finding good information on openGL?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Diaz View Post
    when searching for tutorials expecting to find recent openGL tutorials is almsot impossible. All I seem to come across is Unity3d. Does anyone have any experience with Unity? and should I be learning unity or should i focus on finding good information on openGL?
    This forum is about Web Applications, not openGL or Unity3d. To answer the question about mobile web app game dev, no as far as I know webGL is not supported. The closest thing you will get to 3d is using css3 transformations and javascript.
    MY BLOG:
    HTML Code:
    <a href="http://teststuff.freehostingcloud.com">click here to read my game progress</a>

im not sure where the confusion came from bud. This is a thread asking a question about mobile web development. Particularly a question in reference to 3d game mobile applications. I am not sure what you think I was talking about but I do apologize if I was not clear. I would appreciate if someone does have an answer for me.

OpenGl is the preferred framework for IOS game applications as well as Android. It supports 2d and 3d. Unity is a newer framework that is becoming very popular. This is way more powerful then css and javascript. Thank you for your feedback though. I appreciate you trying to be helpful.

I really need some feedback on Unity3d over OpenGl for Ios 7 and Android development. What is the better road for walking when writing 3d game applications for IOS 7 and Android devices?
    Last edited by Nicholas Diaz; 09-20-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Diaz View Post
    im not sure where the confusion came from bud. This is a thread asking a question about mobile web development. Particularly a question in reference to 3d game mobile applications. I am not sure what you think I was talking about but I do apologize if I was not clear. I would appreciate if someone does have an answer for me.

OpenGl is the preferred framework for IOS game applications as well as Android. It supports 2d and 3d. Unity is a newer framework that is becoming very popular. This is way more powerful then css and javascript. Thank you for your feedback though. I appreciate you trying to be helpful.

I really need some feedback on Unity3d over OpenGl for Ios 7 and Android development. What is the better road for walking when writing 3d game applications for IOS 7 and Android devices?

Let me rephrase this again, or try to. Unity, and openGL are for native applications. Mobile Web Development means for the Web, a Website.
    MY BLOG:
    HTML Code:
    <a href="http://teststuff.freehostingcloud.com">click here to read my game progress</a>

lol ok man thanks for letting me know. you saved us all good job.

The API allows the support or web page to connect with another support or web page. It allows in combining the details from the program to that particular resource. If the designer is able to mix, coordinate and mash the app at its best stage then this can confirm to be excellent. It is very necessary to have a terminology that can help in efficient interaction. Hence for creating the program, it is apparent that you have the APIS to be able. The most interesting aspect is creating.

iOS App Developers

Thread Information