www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Basic Data Collection and Processing

Hybrid View

Basic Data Collection and Processing

I am very new to this and need some help to be pointed in the right direction and some terminology to do further research with.

I am an engineering student and have recently started work on project outside of university. I have a small amount of web knowledge but need to learn a lot more for this project.

The project requires a user to log in to an external devices, measurements to be collected from the device, sent to a server for storage (I think?) then processed and viewed on a computer at a different location. I am trying to research more about this but stuck on what terminology to search for.

Any help or suggestions on things to look for would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

If we assume the device has web access (i.e. a connection to the Internet), then one approach would be for it to send HTTP requests to an on-line application at your chosen domain/IP address. You would then have one or more application pages on that domain that would accept and process those requests, in whatever web application language you choose to use, along with a database to store/search the relevant data there.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information