www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New gTLD's

New gTLD's

How do you guys think the 700 gTLD extensions will effect search engines? ICANN announced that there is over 700 new extensions coming out like .services and .design.

Do you think that will completely change how search engines view domain names?

Just curious to peoples opinions about what this slew of new gTLD's, and how it will effect internet marketing.

Lets hear it...

I cant believe this got over 1400 views and NO responses?

I can tell you this, I am trying out the new gTLDs...

http://www.phoenixdj.company/

This is my first website developed with .company domain. I am going to see how they rank..

Has anyone else used and new GTLD's? Have they ranked well? ANYONE...

Well now Google has entered the domain registration market I think they'll rank higher on search engines due to they're purchased through Google. I think some new gTLD's will do well such as mycomapny.emails and mycompany.shop mycompany.gallery but some won't get popular I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDesignPhx View Post
    I cant believe this got over 1400 views and NO responses?

I can tell you this, I am trying out the new gTLDs...

http://www.phoenixdj.company/

This is my first website developed with .company domain. I am going to see how they rank..

Has anyone else used and new GTLD's? Have they ranked well? ANYONE...

Well since I dropped the site I have been doing some research. And Google does read the extension like .company as a keyword. And so does Bing. When you type in the search phrase with "company" in the search the .company is bold showing that google and bing are reading .company as a keyword.

In my opinion that means that .com is not as useful of a domain extension, because it is never read as any type of keyword. So I feel the GTLDs are more powerful than .coms.

Would like to hear others thoughts...

Thread Information