www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How save web page to DVD

How save web page to DVD

I would like to know how to save a webpage to a file so I can burn it to a dvd. The website is http://eyearbook.balfour.com/316637 , it is my kids yearbook online. I was thinking of copying it to DVD and sticking the DVD in with his real yearbook, so if the web page ever goes down, we have a copy. I dont know anything about webpages. Thanks

A web page is just text files and graphics. It can be burnt to a DVD just like any other files.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    A web page is just text files and graphics. It can be burnt to a DVD just like any other files.
    Sorry, maybe I went into too much detail. My question is: How do I download this specific web page as a file.
    http://eyearbook.balfour.com/316637

Glad you linked it. Since that site uses Flash and requires a flash-based login, it'll be a bit more complex. You could go about it a couple different ways. Maybe try using a video screen recording program to record your own interactions with the website, save that as a video on the DVD so you could at least go back and re-watch yourself using the website. Or just take screenshots of the various pages and save them as JPEG files.

Otherwise I don't have a great suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by transpar3nt View Post
    Glad you linked it. Since that site uses Flash and requires a flash-based login, it'll be a bit more complex. You could go about it a couple different ways. Maybe try using a video screen recording program to record your own interactions with the website, save that as a video on the DVD so you could at least go back and re-watch yourself using the website. Or just take screenshots of the various pages and save them as JPEG files.

Otherwise I don't have a great suggestion.
    I do have the login, does that make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by guppy1 View Post
    I do have the login, does that make any difference?
    Not likely. You might be able to save the actual flash file (.swf extension I think) but when you open it, it would probably error out if the web server is down (which is the scenario you are trying to protect against). So, someone might have a better suggestion, but what I said above is the best I can think of.

just burn dvd by nero with data dvd option. simple

I 've had a look at the site, and I can't find the .flv file which probably contains the eYearbook. But I have found a set of thumbs of the pages, which might make a memento for you. Rather than give it here, I'll PM you with the address...

Well, I would PM you, but it failed. Perhaps you have PM's switched off? Or perhaps because you are a new user, you are not yet permitted to send/receive PMs? Its a pity because I really do not want to give the URL in a public place.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 09-25-2013 at 02:58 PM.

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A27g...enings-Broward

Here is a similar website that does not require login.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    Well, I would PM you, but it failed. Perhaps you have PM's switched off? Or perhaps because you are a new user, you are not yet permitted to send/receive PMs? Its a pity because I really do not want to give the URL in a public place.
    Under Geberal /Settings, I have visitor setting set to - on. Maybe it has something to do with me being new. I can not find a private message thing when I click on your name.

Thread Information