www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help with Homepage of Site

Help with Homepage of Site

Hello all,

I'm new to the site but have been taking some courses in University on CS and some online courses for code. However, I still have very basic skills.

I recently purchased a domain for a personal website which I will use similarly to a resume.

I've seen this idea on other site before but I'm not sure how to do it myself. I would like to have 6 square images all the same size in the middle of the homepage. When you hover over the image it would change from the image to just a square with a certain text. When you click on the image it would link to a certain page on the site.

I'm using a template builder right now but I was wondering if someone could help me out with the code for this?

I can't add pictures of what this is supposed to look like because I'm new to the forum so if you think you know what I'm talking about - I'd appreciate it if you could share with everyone.

The other option that I would like to pursue is something like the images from this site. For instance, have an image and upon hover text moves overtop.

http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporat...-services.html

Thanks for all the help!

-A

I just realized after I read the sticky above this post that I should not have made the title as is. If a mod sees this, can you please change it to "Dynamic images on hover for personal site?"

jQuery Photo-info

There are other examples on his site where the demo code is free to use and is in the source code. You might also look into JAlbum and its many Skins. This program even writes the code for you. Just drag/drop images and set up options for Skin being used.

This is awesome thanks man!

You're very welcome. BTW, I love using JAlbum.

Thread Information