www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Change Data Permanently

Hybrid View

Change Data Permanently

Can anyone please help .....
    I need to edit the data in the HTML page and make the change permanent, so that when ever i open the page last modified data should appear and that need to be editable...

You need FTP access to the site so that you can edit the file on your computer and then upload the updated version of the file to the website.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

You could use a PHP include file as follows:
    1. Set up an include file, which contains the original code.
    2. Load the contents of the include file into a textarea to make it amendable.
    3. Write the amended code back to the include file.
    4. Include the updated include file, and voila, the code has been permanently amended, but is still updatable.

Trouble is, executing code written into a textarea is very error prone, let alone a security risk! I would most strongly suggest you should not do this, but it can be done.

Are you trying to save changes so that when the user comes back to the page it is as they left it? Assuming that so you can store the information in cookies, but once the cookies are gone the page reverts back to its original style.
    or You could use jQuery ajax method to save the change to the database and retrieve it with php.

Hope this helps.
    strad solutionswww.stradsolutions.com

Thread Information