www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need Suggestion on Creating Similar website like Udemy.com

Question Need Suggestion on Creating Similar website like Udemy.com

Hello, I got a project. I have to create a web site like www.udemy.com

Please someone guide me that which tool is the best to create this kind of website.
    Should I develop this website using Wordpress?
    Or what should I use to develop this website.

Thank you in advance for the best Suggestions.
    Regards
    Ayyaz
    Share on Google+

More important is what you are seeking to learn. If you do not care how the code is generated then, by all means use whatever CMS takes your fancy. But if you want to learn the base languages on which the net is built, a CMS will, in my opinion, actually hinder not help. Why? Because the more time you invest in learning how to achieve effects using the CMS, the less willing you will be to break out of the straight-jacket.

Learning a CMS does not make a competent web developer, though I'm sure there are plenty of people earning a living out of providing CMS-based sites. If only their clients knew how their sites were built!
    Share on Google+

I am 3 years Experienced Web based Programmer. I have experience in PHP and Wordpress.

So What would would be the best choice?
    Should i develop this in Wordpress or in other platforms?
    Share on Google+

I always prefer creating my own platform so I can customize it easily to my needs and there is no need to search through pages of documentation because it's my own language and coding.

Just my two-cents.
    Share on Google+

And just for reference, I don't think it would be too much work to create a replica of udemy.

A few MySQL tables and a couple hundred lines of code and you should be up and running. In my opinion, the hardest part would be the integration to take payments.
    Share on Google+

I am expert in PHP wordpress and drupal. I can help you out in creating the web page.
    Share on Google+

So should I use Wordpress or should I write it from scratch. And if so then should I use Core PHP or any Framework( like CodeIgnitor, Zend etc)? And if I should use framework then which framework I should use to develop this kind of website?
    Share on Google+

You use wordpress or drupal. Your website will be ready. Or if you want me to do the complete stuff, i will do it for you in 20days.
    Share on Google+

site like udemy.com

Quote Originally Posted by skirankumar90 View Post
    You use wordpress or drupal. Your website will be ready. Or if you want me to do the complete stuff, i will do it for you in 20days.
    How much to build a site like that?
    Share on Google+

take a look at Kunerango could do for you
    Share on Google+

w3schools is the nice platform to help you to make any kind of website
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by skirankumar90 View Post
    Hi Skirankumar,

I'm looking for a website design like Udemy and if you were available, I'd be interested to talk to you further to see if you could do this and talk pricing. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Share on Google+

I can help you making this website even I can develop custom CMS if you want to. contact me if you are interested.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information