www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to disable mobile version on my website?

Question How to disable mobile version on my website?

Hi, I bought this nice website layout and when viewed on a small mobile device it look like a menu. I want to disable the mobile version completely but have no idea how.

It has bootstrap (css), style (css), jquery (js), and my index is php.

I tried contacting the artist but haven't heard back for over a week now. Also tried Googling. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

You would need to post the php and js code - either one might be responsible for checking for mobile browsers.

Hi, my php is really long and there are a whole bunch of JS. Which one should I check and what am I checking for? If you were to create one with those file output, where would you place your code?

files ending with .js:

bootstrap
    bootstrap.min
    functions
    jquery.easing.1.3
    jquery.fancybox
    jquery.hotkeys.min
    jquery.localScroll
    jquery.scrollTo
    jquery.touchSwipe
    jquery-1.8.2.min
    less-1.3.0.min

I would look in index.php for any code that references "HTTP_USER_AGENT" or the word "mobile". I would think you might find something with those searches.

This is the result that I think was relevant when I search for the following keyword mobile, user, and agent. I searched all .js and index.php (nothing came up)

jquery.min-----------------------

version:b[2]||"0"}},a=p.uaMatch(g.userAgent)

jquery.fancybox-----------------------

// Build the neccessary markup
    coming.wrap = $(coming.tpl.wrap).addClass('fancybox-' + (isTouch ? 'mobile' : 'desktop') + ' fancybox-type-' + type + ' fancybox-tmp ' + coming.wrapCSS).appendTo('body');

jquery.touchswipe---------------------

This jQuery plugin will only run on devices running Mobile Webkit based browsers (iOS 2.0+, android 2.2+)

jquery.scrollTo-------------------------

var doc = (elem.contentWindow || elem).document || elem.ownerDocument || elem;

return /webkit/.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()) || doc.compatMode == 'BackCompat' ?
    doc.body :
    doc.documentElement;

jquery-1.8.2.min--------------------------

a=p.uaMatch(g.userAgent),b={},a.browser&&(b[a.browser]=!0,b.version=a.version)

Anybody? It seems so simple.

Since I can't remove it then is there any way to display information on the mobile that say something like "best view on a desktop"? Or even better a button to switch to desktop?

Unfortunately it is not possible to turn of the mobile phone app. Sorry about that. Although you cannot turn this off you can hide all your items on the mobile app by following these few steps:

Login to your site in edit mode > Mobile Tab > Arrange Content > Hide Items.
    I am Creating Website for Businesses and Brands to build up online presence.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I wish it was that easy to turn mobile off but I am not using a CMS so I don't have any of those option. I also checked with cPanel X. My site look similarly to yours while not nearly as advance.

File structure is like this:
    index
    css>bootstrap, fancybox, style.css
    img>features, icons, bunch of .png
    js>bunch of .js (boostrap.js, fancybox.js, etc)

You can disable your mobile version through viewport option. Find out layout for mobile site with viewport option. Delete that all portion. I hope it would works.

I have been trying for awhile now and made another post on Stackoverflow as well and was ready to surrender..it was probably my communication but your suggestion of "viewport" did the trick. I commented out the viewport in my index and after a quick check, overall layout is still intack and function well. You are brilliant my friend. You have made my day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by adammorgany View Post
    You can disable your mobile version through viewport option. Find out layout for mobile site with viewport option. Delete that all portion. I hope it would works.

Thread Information