www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to make Wordpress theme responsive

Hybrid View

How to make Wordpress theme responsive

Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out. A friend asked me to help him out with his Wordpress site, here:

http://cmd.sunupgroup.com

The design was made with the Twenty Thirteen theme available with Wordpress, but it's almost completely broken in terms of responsiveness.

I've already tweaked the code to make the content somewhat responsive, but I'm having trouble with the hero image and text, and also the menu navigation.

Does anyone have any idea where to go with this? I can upload the source code and style sheets if necessary.

Thanks

Responsive Theme is a flexible foundation with fluid grid system that adapts your website to mobile devices and the desktop or any other viewing environment.

you can try out with the below link:

http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/respon...theme-tutorial

Hope this helps.
    strad solutionswww.stradsolutions.com

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, we are already using Twenty Thirteen theme for the foundation and have layered on a child theme on top of it to get the design elements we want. Right now, we just need to get it to be responsive and scale correctly with mobile devices or smaller browser windows.

For instance, when I resize the window right now, the navigation menu is glitchy and also overlaps with the logo. I'm not sure what's causing this. Thanks in advance for any help!

The theme has to be responsive itself. You can't just edit any theme to be responsive (well, I guess you can but that would be hell of a job, especially if you already have a working site with content like you said).

Thread Information