dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: images, graphics and best practices

Hybrid View

images, graphics and best practices

I'm curious about css best practices for images and graphics, and in what context they really matter. I am putting this post in the mobile dev. forum, because I am assuming that this is the context where they matter most, now or in the future, right?

I'm talking about sprites, repeat background image effects, svg/base64, pseudo selectors -techniques I learned, as I build my responsive site using bootstrap and sublime.

Yet there are so many blogs and big, non-responsive pages full of bells and whistles around...I don't have a smartphone as of yet, so I have no feel of the speed and responsiveness of different web sites relative to how they are coded, or to what degree these css image and graphic-related techniques matter.

In what context does using a sprite or background image, or one div or three, for my little module, matter in terms of the user experience, not semantics, however important.

Thanks for any opinions on this.

I would look into Google Page Speed Insights Tool. They give all kinds of recommendations to optimize your CSS.

TexaSEO

It sounds like you are going in the right direction.

Intersting...
    Thank you for sharing with us..

Thread Information