www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: External Style Sheet

External Style Sheet

What is external Style Sheet? How to link?

You have in the head of your HTML
    HTML Code:
    <head>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="site.css" />
    </head>
    and an external file in a location that is determined by the href=" ... " portion, the above example points to a stylesheet called site.css in the same directory as the HTML page that has called it.

Your stylesheet is a file named by what you want to refer to it by and has the extension .css but in reality the extension could be anything you like but more relevent to keep use of the .css extension because editors and software that is used for production of web sites know then that its a stylesheet.

Unlice CSS in the HTML page, your stylesheet does not need the HTML tags for stylesheets.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

External style sheets are the best way to put CSS styles on your web pages. Once you've gone beyond the basics of creating CSS styles, you'll want to be able to use the same styles across multiple pages on your site. External style sheets make this easy to do.

An external style sheet is ideal when the style is applied to many pages. With an external style sheet, you can change the look of an whole Web webpage by transforming one file.
    Each page must link to the style sheet using the <link> tag. The <link> tag goes inside the head section:

<head>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mystyle.css">
    </head>

Hope this helps.
    strad solutionswww.stradsolutions.com

Thread Information