dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which Javascript framework

Question Which Javascript framework

Hi,

I have a huge web project that include front-end (for clients) and back-end(for administration).
    Here are the main points for this project:
    1. website should be responsive (so mainly use of CSS3/HTML5)
    2. multi language website (for now 4 different languages)
    3. allow payment online (via paypal, CB, VISA, Wire transfer, and so on...)
    4. to allow categories (like for services, competences, and so on...)
    5. to allow newsletter management
    6. to manager users (profiles, activation/disable, attachemed files,...)
    7. to manage email sending and projects history
    8. to obscure part of text in some comments end users could write based on some strings or characters
    9. to interact with a MySQL database, and deals with more than 100,000 users
    10. to be SEO
    11. to have a nice and intuitive web interface

for all those reasons, i need to find 1 or more appropriate javascript framework.

My problem is that i'm coming from CMS world and the only Javascript frameworks i know are mootools and jQuery :-)

Now i read that:
    1. backbone.js is wonderful for database interaction and MVC architecture.
    2. Angular.js is very good for forms
    3. Modernizr.js for UI

now i know there are a lot more on the market, however i would be very happy to get your feedback on the most appropriate javascript framework for each task i need to perform, as it is a 6-12 months project and i can get it wrong.

thank a lot for all your feedbacks.

Al.

what about Ext js?

Most of what you mention requires a server side not client side support and for security a HTTPS server to handle the payment gateway information for those elements that need it.

Your client-side interface should not be relied upon for providing ANY layer of security, any that you do provide needs backing up with a server side equivalent.

IMHO you should really concentrate on doing all of these things server-side and then put your effort in to styling a nice front end as you will be wasting allot of time client side that really needs server side development.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

As far as my webhosting provider do not provide services with MongoDB, i will have to use PostgreSQL or MySQL.

As MySQL is standard DB for website i will go for that one. So it means that a server side language must be used to interact with Javascript frameworks as they do not do it directly.
    So it will be PHP.

Therefore Javascript Frameworks would be used for UI improvement, because AFAIK i don't see other possibility.... Maybe i'm wrong and them please explain me.

thx

If you leave the HTTPS side of things to be the headache of your payment gateway services like paypal for example, then you are not making your life harder but easier because you won't be abound by the Data Protection Act and the securing of sensitive data like banking details, etc.

JavaScript offers NO FORM OF SECURITY period, the less of it you use the better and using a framework is not advised.

Doing as much as you can in PHP and validation using PHP, running shopping carts, etc. The better, no one should be reliant on JavaScript to do the legwork.

At most JavaScript should be used for some basic low level stuff like checking form fields that need entries, then that lessens the load on the receiving server when it then validated that the data is not only present but also what it expects.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information