www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Got an idea but need help making it better.

Got an idea but need help making it better.

Hey Guys,

As part of my study project, I had to come up with an idea for a dynamic application that is "interactive" and "innovative".
    So at first thoughts, I considered the idea of making a small widget building game for which developers can take turns in developing their widget with friends.
    e.g. User 1 would build a box and pass it on, user 2 would then take that box and make it into an image frame and pass it on, then user 3 would add hover states or whatever they was building etc. Until the widget was completed.

I was also thinking of using facebook's OpenGraph API as the method to invite fellow developer friends and collegues, and provide a way to keep them updated... but that was an after thought.

Anyone suggest a way to improve it?
    Bear in mind I only have 4/5 weeks to make this thing haha.

Perhaps bring a competitive aspect into it? Give two teams a basic description then give them a few hours to finish the build. After the deadline have other users judge the widgets. You could also have massive community games where you give 10 users one task such as creating a search page then have them judged. Once users choose the best one push another task to 10 more users and you'll eventually have a finished product developed by the community.

That's a great idea, thanks!
    I suppose there's more motivation doing something with a competitive spin.

I'll be sure to reference you

Besides I think that the app must have name or topic given in order to give some clear specification. Otherwise everyone is going to do separate thing and the result may not be so good.

Thread Information