www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: html and php uploads to website sql database

Red face html and php uploads to website sql database

I need help with this one, I want to enable users who visit my website to upload files into the database on my webserver. I have an educational website where teachers can upload files to specified directories such as "grade 12 - geography - plate tectonics" and then they upload their pdf documents relating to e.g.. plate tectonics to that specific sub directory. Now I implemented a sql database with the same tables to facilitate the data, the question is, what should the html and php code look like that makes the uploads to the database possible?

This sounds very difficult to do and I have no idea where to start... and I am a teacher so my knowledge of html and php code is self taught and very limited...

Any help would be very welcome

Kind Regards Gabriel Roos

First my english not very good and I have not understand all of your Q.
    but what I had understanded is you want to make code to allow upload file into your site,
    you can do it by writing a form by HTML and then make the upload code by php, sorry I can't write the code because I am useing mobile now. but I will give you a link that will help you.

this is the link:
    http://www.tutorialspoint.com/php/ph..._uploading.htm

I hope I have helped you.

See this thread in the PHP forum here. (It's specifically about image uploads, but most of pertains to any type of file.)

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...ages-using-PHP
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information