dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which Framework is optimal for my requirements?

Which Framework is optimal for my requirements?

Hey everyone,

I had a new idea for a Website couple of days ago. I already have a webshop which I made with Shopware 4 and I was completely satisfied! I have experience with the basic stuff HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, PHP, MySQL etc. but I don't want to make everything on my own, so I'm looking for a Web-Framework.

I looked at google, but there are so many and I find it difficult to find one with my requirements:
    - The website will be rather small, with maybe 5 or 6 Pages (Most of it just text&pictures). The Design should be very minimalistic, but still look professional
    - One page will consist of a Table filled with Database-Information, which is dependend of the logged-in user
    - Database will be mysql
    - Except the Database, the other contents will be rather static

I looked into RubyOnRails and Zend, but it's way overkill IMHO. I don't want to spend a lot of time learning these frameworks, I just want to build this website in maybe two weeks. The framework should:
    - Help me with Design
    - Provide rudimentary things like Login or Database-Connection and other basic stuff
    - Easy to learn and in return I would be fine with programming parts on my own

Could you recommend some? Thanks a lot! :-)

If you're looking for a login and simple page-designing system, try CakePHP. After you set it up, look at the tutorial here: Simple Authentication and Authorization Application. I assume you have experience with listing MySQL data in a table.

Thread Information