www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] How to remove powered by wordpress and mantra

resolved [RESOLVED] How to remove powered by wordpress and mantra

Hey guys, I need very urgent help. Please help me to remove powered by wordpress and mantra from my website's footer area. It's very much URGENT. My site ucibd.com just look at the footer and please help me.

None to answer my question? I think I'm in wrong forum...

From http://www.cryoutcreations.eu/mantra/mantra-faqs/:

▶ A3. Can I remove the copyright text in the footer?

We strongly recommend that you don’t. It’s the only thing we ask in return for all our hard work over this FREE theme. Don’t expect any kind of support from us if you remove it without our approval.

▶ A4. But I really need to remove the copyright. I’m doing this site for my employer/company/grandmother and I have to. Is there no other way?

By removing the copyright link you’re killing Mantra. You’re responsible. There’s blood all over your hands.
    So… wanna make it up a bit? Plant a tree. Adopt a stray dog. Or make a donation to us and list your site in the description.
    If you're going to use that theme, give them credit dude. It's only right. You didn't make it, they did. If the copyright stuff isn't acceptable to your customer you'll need to find something else or create your own theme.

And this:
    ▶ A2. Is the Mantra Theme for WordPress released under GPL license?
    YES! The Mantra theme is released under GPL v3 licence. And all the images and code that it contains are under GPL v.3 as well.

What does this mean? Basically it means that you can modify it, use it in and with other software, make copies of it, distribute it – all as long as you don’t claim it as your own and leave the copyright intact.

Thread Information