www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] How Long Before Posts Show Up

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] How Long Before Posts Show Up

Hi,

I just signed up for an account a few hours ago and posted a question to the General forum, but it's not showing up. When I posted, it said that a moderator may need to authorize it first since I'm a new member, but I thought it would have shown up by now. I'm starting to wonder if it actually went through.

Kelly

This is the most confusing post I have ever seen.

I agree. This thread was a test to see if it would post because I was beginning to think that my first post (a different thread) didn't go through. I was surprised to see that this thread did go through. So, because this thread posted I figured my first thread must not have gone through, so I posted that question again, but again I got the message that a moderator would have to review.

So, now I've posted a question twice, but neither have gone through.

I'm more confused than you, believe me.

Kelly

Ok, I see now that my first post did finally show up. Just hasn't gotten any responses yet. Sorry.

Kelly

Posts by new members get filtered and sent to a mod queue for approval... It's an "anti spam" measure.
    "Life is unpredictable, eat dessert first."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Posts by new members get filtered and sent to a mod queue for approval... It's an "anti spam" measure.
    The Admin is right and this is to avoid spammers that is only purpose is to abuse this kind of reputable forum site.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    And if all else fails - read all of the replies

Thanks for sharing this informative information
    according to our knowledge the post will be always display anywhere longtime in any forum if it done in proper manner.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
    Hi,

I just signed up for an account a few hours ago and posted a question to the General forum, but it's not showing up. When I posted, it said that a moderator may need to authorize it first since I'm a new member, but I thought it would have shown up by now. I'm starting to wonder if it actually went through.

Kelly
    Thanks Kelly, I have the same issue but I can't see anywhere in this thread that your question was answered adequately.

Do new members have to post a certain number of posts before they are trusted? - If not, what IS the criteria?

Can one of the mods please explain, because it certainly doesn't make for a great learning experience.

Steve.

Before ghosting, every post you made would show up on the front page of ... Don't bother keeping an email account for too long or they'll get wise to you.

Ok, my posts now show up basically straight away.

So it appears that new members need 10+ posts first. Although I haven't seen any such confirmation.

Steve.

Thread Information