www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help I cant seem to figure this out

Hybrid View

Question Help I cant seem to figure this out

I am suppose to write a function that uses a while loop that prompts the user for only 9 char and may not include spaces. What im doing is not even showing the prompt. Help
    function Secret()
    {
    var secretcode = prompt("Enter Po's secret word. It must contain exactly 9 characters and there can be no empty spaces:","");
    var code=secretcode.indexOf(" ");
    var space==true;

while(space==false)
    {
    if (code.indexOf(" ")>="0")
    {
    space==true;
    document.getElementById("results").innerHTML += (secretcode);<!--output the result of what was imputed for the secret word-->
    }
    if (code.indexOf(9)==/d)
    {
    space==false;
    secretcode= prompt("Please reenter Po's secret word. It must contain exactly 9 characters and there can be no empty spaces:","");
    }
    else
    document.getElementById("results").innerHTML += (secretcode);<!--output the result of what was imputed for the secret word-->
    else
    secretcode= prompt("Please reenter Po's secret word. It must contain exactly 9 characters and there can be no empty spaces:","");
    }

I don't do javascript programming but I do know that you should be using a single equal sign rather than a double equal sign when assigining a value to a variable. I think it's only in an If statement that you use the equal sign.

Worth checking into.

Kelly

thanks

Thread Information