dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Any Suggestions on How to Build a Dating site?

Any Suggestions on How to Build a Dating site?

Hello. I run a small IT consulting company, and I recently had a client contact me. He wants to start an international dating service, primarily servicing the US and China. He wants my company to handle all of it, from the website design to the infrastructure.

It sounds great, because truth be told it'd be the biggest thing we've ever done. The problem is that when I asked him what sort of site he felt he needed, he said "I want a site like AdultFriendFinder".

Neither I no any of my team even knows where to start with something like that. We've done corporate pages before, and non-profit institutions, but never a site where people have accounts, post data to personal mini-pages, send streaming video, etc.

Can anyone here make any suggestions on where to start, and what might be used to achieve any of that sort of functionality?

In general, community sites/applications like that are a specialized form of content management system (CMS). Since you seem at this point to be completely ignorant of that domain I'd recommend you spend some time looking around at the demos available on http://opensourcecms.com to get a feel for the scope.

You can buy one from ebay for $20

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage187
    Hello. I run a small IT consulting company, and I recently had a client contact me. He wants to start an international dating service, primarily servicing the US and China. He wants my company to handle all of it, from the website design to the infrastructure.

It sounds great, because truth be told it'd be the biggest thing we've ever done. The problem is that when I asked him what sort of site he felt he needed, he said "I want a site like AdultFriendFinder".

Neither I no any of my team even knows where to start with something like that. We've done corporate pages before, and non-profit institutions, but never a site where people have accounts, post data to personal mini-pages, send streaming video, etc.

Can anyone here make any suggestions on where to start, and what might be used to achieve any of that sort of functionality?

To plan the architecture you can also check this site---http://www.speeddating.com/

Depending upon the language you want to use, there are many pre-made ones over at Script Search.

Avoid Able Dating at all cost, It's Russian gang

If you are seaching for dating website software on Google and come across the Able dating software forsale, stay away as far as you could, they are Russian. Once you give away your credit card, you are in trouble. Their demo site is so so catchy. but the real one is not working. If you ask for refund, you will get threaten.

Xboxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xboxer
    You can buy one from ebay for $20
    Oh, I've had to pay a lot more than $20 for a date.

I think first of all you need to create a awesome website which is attractive to users. For this you have to use best templates for your site and you also can use dating software in your site. Which will help you to get more traffic.

Thread Information