Website Overhaul advice
OK this is quite a large task and I hope to make my explanation easy to follow.
I took over a website from someone last year, and until recently it's flowing nicely. Yes there are a few issues that need sorting.
- The Site has been up for 15 years and has never had much structure.
- There are literally hundreds of pages that are used.
- The site is constructed using tables to display the layout
- The css code is good but I cannot always get the right look using the current items.
- The pages are made with a mix of html and php includes.
So the task I am faced with now is not changing the current look but completly changing the backend to make it smooth running. so I have a number of questions.
- How can I remove the tables for layout and use divs and still maintain the look of the site?
- Do you think it would be best to completely redesign a whole new look rather than mess with tables to div layout?
- As it is a football site I can transfer all the results, players and match reports into tables on a database How can I get the best out of the DB to populate the pages?
- Is it possible to use php variables to retain info in a variables file and make pages more dymanic etc.?
Everyone loves the current design and we don't want the look to change.
I have got a lot of positive feedback on here so I'm hopng you guys can help.
Thanks in advance.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)