www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: xml sitemap and an html sitemap

xml sitemap and an html sitemap

HTML Sitemap: It's for human visitor. This sitemap accumulates all website link on one page. We can put 100 links on one page.

XML Sitemap: XML sitemap, sometimes called Google sitemap is very beneficial for your website. This sitemap provides a single location to search engine crawler to crawl all of your web pages... pls share your exprience...

Yes XML site map is for crawler and HTML site map is for the users.

XML sitemap plays am important role for indexing our all inner pages of our website on Google.Without XML sitemap Google would not crawl and index our website pages.

Both the sitemaps are important for the website and must be install which helps the crawler to know about any changes in your website.

I am in online business since 3 years and I know very well about xml sitemap and html sitemaps. First of all I want to say “bhadriram” has explained it in proper way.

I want to focus on xml sitemap because it matters a lot if you want to be cached fast and quickly by Google Search engine.

As you know google crawlers converts a webpage into xml after that it starts reading or crawling therefore, if your website already have an xml sitemap then googlebot will easily read content of your website.

The conclusion is that xml sitemap is necessary for each and every website.

Quote Originally Posted by bhadriram View Post
    HTML Sitemap: It's for human visitor. This sitemap accumulates all website link on one page. We can put 100 links on one page.

XML Sitemap: XML sitemap, sometimes called Google sitemap is very beneficial for your website. This sitemap provides a single location to search engine crawler to crawl all of your web pages... pls share your exprience...

This is what i find the best answer. Thanks for your info.

Sitemap define complete structure of websites, XML sitemap are used for software to crawl a website and html sitemap has created for human users on website.

XML site is useful to search engine crawler and HTML sitemap is useful to user. both are very important role in any website.

XML site map is very useful tool to tell the search engines about the pages of your website. It is automated and does not need to update again and again when you add a new page to your website. It is convenient when your website has hundreds of pages. In case of HTML site map you need manually update each changes about of your website.

Both the site map is important for the crawler as well as for visitors. HTML site map works as a index of a website from which visitors can know the inter related page and where they are.. And XML site map acts as a path finder for Google crawler to index your page and you can also give the time span when to crawl your website.
    Robots.txt can be applied in the XML site map location.

Both sitemap helps to index all our pages in Search Engines.

Okay, now the REAL question on xml sitemap generation is which one do you use?

I always use XML Sitemaps for my sites.

Both sitemaps have different value.. XML sitemap help for good indexing in Google and HTML sitemap is helpful for users to check all pages of website.

Ya, XML site map is for crawler and HTML site map is users.....

Thread Information