www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Wordpress Question

Wordpress Question

Okay I have a customer that wants his site developed in Wordpress. He wants an e-commerce site that has 2 backends? Is this possible to achieve in wordpress? Basically the customer wants to have prices for Retail customers and then cheaper prices that ONLY authorized users can see for Wholesale customers.

There really doesnt have to be 2 backends as long as the Admin can specify specific pricing for Retail customers and Wholesale customers.

I can develop this by creating my own custom backend but that would require a lot more time and money and the customer is looking for a cheaper wordpress solution.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the Wordpress Shopping Cart. I tried searching for press level options based on users or groups, but couldn't find anything. Other shopping cart systems I've used have options called "Price Levels." You assign a price level to a user then set up different prices on the item record.

For example, say I have a normal and wholesale price level. On the item record, I'd set $100 for the normal price level and $80 for the wholesale. The webstore would be set to a default price level of "normal." I'd create an account for the wholesalers and set them to the other price level.

Do some Googling for price levels. Magento may be a good option (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/108/).
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by cbVision View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Wordpress Shopping Cart. I tried searching for press level options based on users or groups, but couldn't find anything. Other shopping cart systems I've used have options called "Price Levels." You assign a price level to a user then set up different prices on the item record.

For example, say I have a normal and wholesale price level. On the item record, I'd set $100 for the normal price level and $80 for the wholesale. The webstore would be set to a default price level of "normal." I'd create an account for the wholesalers and set them to the other price level.

Do some Googling for price levels. Magento may be a good option (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/108/).
    Thanks for your help

I think WooCommerce plugin will help you to get solve your query. Search Over Google "WooCommerce" and you will get an idea about your requirement. I hope that was helpful.

Thread Information