www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What if you started a website and nobody seemed to like it?

Unhappy What if you started a website and nobody seemed to like it?

Seems that way. It all started when I moved form the UK to Indonesia and met and married a local girl. Many of my friends asked me "Where can I find a beautiful wife like yours?" Meanwhile the wife's friends were asking her "Where can I find a nice husband like you have?" Seemed like a great idea for a site so we started one. While we have arranged a few happy marriages, it isn't as popular as we would have expected. We do get a couple of thousand visitors a month but not many serious ones. Thus, I guess the design is cruddy or there is no real market. I tried to make the site more personal than commercial (which it is as it's only the wife and I).
    Take a look at www.indowife.info and sock it to me! Some of you may wonder why there are no photos of girls listed. The reason is that most here don't want their photos on the internet so, I ask for prospective clients to email me and at that point I give them the link to some photos (which is www.indowife.info/girls.html)
    Be as nasty as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by exbrit View Post
    Some of you may wonder why there are no photos of girls listed.
    And there's your problem. Without photos, you are going to get a lot less traffic regardless of design.

Thanks for the reply. All they have to do is to send an email if they were interested enough
    QUOTE=spufi;1297051]And there's your problem. Without photos, you are going to get a lot less traffic regardless of design.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information