www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Tracking shipments

Tracking shipments

I work for a company that ships large items to customers and requires shippers outside of UPS/Fedex. I know that UPS and Fedex have easy to use shipment trackers that you can implement on your site, but was wondering if there was a way to do the same with more obscure shipping companies. We use Con-Way, USF, Old Dominion etc, would there be a way to add a tracker for those companies so our client could put in his PO number on our site and track the package through their company? Outside of just putting a link to the company's website.

With shipment tracking, you can keep a constant eye on your delivery and view its status at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by specfit View Post
    I work for a company that ships large items to customers and requires shippers outside of UPS/Fedex. I know that UPS and Fedex have easy to use shipment trackers that you can implement on your site, but was wondering if there was a way to do the same with more obscure shipping companies. We use Con-Way, USF, Old Dominion etc, would there be a way to add a tracker for those companies so our client could put in his PO number on our site and track the package through their company? Outside of just putting a link to the company's website.
    I would think the best way to answer this is to contact the companies in question and ask them if this can be done.

Thread Information