www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is meant by Dynamism in Web Applications

What is meant by Dynamism in Web Applications

Hi
    Could anybody could tell me what "dynamism in web applications" means to them? I'm trying to develop a web application for my 4th year thesis that will incorporate dynamism and interactivity. I was hoping to develop something using HTML5 and CSS3 with HTML5 APIs showcasing interactivity.
    When I think of dynamism I think of techniques such as AJAX & JSON and their implementation within a 3 tier client/server architecture but I'm not sure whether or not I'm missing something.

Any help with this would be greatly received

Thanx
    Ger

I am not sure I understand dynamism. Perhaps dynamic is a better word.

Dynamic is a state of change. Interactive is an action that produces a result. The two are obviously interconnected.

Your description is more or less correct. Dynamic represent the back-end. Interactive represent the front end.

By back end, it means processing are done behind the screen, without the user aware of the process.

The front end, is of course what the user see on the screen and 'interact' with.

For me, back end means PHP, a web programming language hosted on the server. It is more powerful than AJAX & JSON because it can interact with a database.

AJAX and JSON is restricted by design to run without any storage. It is meant for use in the browser to bring better interaction for the user. So, it is able to change the display, but everything is wiped out once the browser closes. A sandbox environment of some sort. Of course HTML5 changes that. HTML5 allow storage to be set at the user computer. If I am correct, once you close the browser, the storage also disappears. Think of it like a temporary cache. Which is why I put it as front-end and related to interactivity, not dynamic.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by firesnaker View Post
    If I am correct, once you close the browser, the storage also disappears.
    True for sessionStorage, not for localStorage.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_webstorage.asp

@Kevin2 thanks for pointing that one out. A bad mistake on my part.

Thanks again.

Thread Information