dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Right-side padding on parent div ignored by nested <p> in native Android browsers

Right-side padding on parent div ignored by nested <p> in native Android browsers

I've researched the heck out of this and cannot find a solution.

I'm using a parent divs "row" with <p>s nested inside. The row has 1em margins all around. The <p>s ignore the right margin completely on native Android browsers (Chrome works fine).

http://www.datamobilitygroup.com/test/index.html

I have tried negative margins, padding on the <p>s to enforce margins, etc. Nothing seems to work. The <p> text continues right to the edge of the parent on the right side.

It only occurs with native Android browsers. Worst case I can live with it, but I'd like to find a solution that doesn't wreck the layout for other browsers.

Any idea why native Android browsers are ignoring some right-side padding in this layout?

Sorry, the Title of the thread is correct, but in the body I incorrectly state 1em margins all around. It's 1em padding all around on the parent div. But I have tried using combinations of padding and margins on both the parent and on the <p>s with no luck. Android's native browser just seems to ignore that right side.

it seems the issue has been fixed i can't view it now...

Thank you for checking William, I appreciate it. May I ask which version of Android you're running? As of 4.2.X it's still displaying the issue for me on three different devices. I haven't upgraded to anything newer yet.

I'm hopeful if you're not seeing it in your version that this will eventually become a non-issue as users upgrade.

Thread Information