dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to design a company logo ?

Hybrid View

Thumbs up How to design a company logo ?

Hi friends,

Nearly hundred company logos i have designed in my experience. But everytime i will look for the change. I will try something different. In my experience there are few important things which i will follow while designing a company logo with professional look are the following:

* The domain(sector/field): We have to consider the company sector like minig company, construction company, real estate, pharma company or any other manufacturing company.

* The name: main letters in the company name we have to consider. Based on the Main letters like MNR, BDS, JMR etc., we can hight.

Main thing is we should not make the scrap in logo design. Only one or two high lighting things we have to focus.

Do not copy others logo but inspire from them and make your own custom style.

It will hardly take less than an hour to design a good logo but you should have creativity and passion to design a professional logo.

Be cool, create the awesome.

share your views also.

Write your Brand name in unique style & add a buddy icon that suits to the services can be an effective logo for your company.

Quote Originally Posted by SEO Land View Post
    Write your Brand name in unique style & add a buddy icon that suits to the services can be an effective logo for your company.
    Yes, you have explained in simple step.
    It's really nice.

Session I : Psychology of design in relation to client expectation and fulfillment

Over the years I've designed many logo's (mainly for print media) but I think this tip still holds value and also applies to web based media (or most other visual media) and perhaps even 'Life as we know it'.

Session I(a)
    - How to neutralise the "Everyone's an Artist" Syndrome:

• Give the Client 3 options (any more just makes too much choice - not good)

1. A version of the Logo that the client has briefed you on (ie. their design)
    2. A version of the Logo that you want (ie. your 'professionally considered' design)
    3. A version of the Logo that is very bland, ineffective and unappealing

Why?... Well most clients (people) want to be in control of the decision making process when it comes to their company logo (and so they should be), but most don't really know what they want, but they certainly know what they DON'T want! Therefore option 3 gives them the opportunity to 'wield their power' ie. "I don't like that" - and therefore they feel they have made a 'good choice' and subsequently 'that' particular itch is satisfied.

So, cleverly, that has left us with options 1 & 2. Obviously option 2 is the one we are trying to sell them!... right?

If you do this thoughtfully, and also try to include an element of their idea, in my experience 90% of the time they will go for your design! In any case, so they should, you're the designer!!

9% of the time they will just go for their design (everyone's a bloody artist!) all good though because they got what they asked for.

On occasions I have had clients go for option 3 ... Oh well, 'just don't tell anyone that I designed it!!!

So, with option 2, what we have achieved is we have very intelligently 'steered' the client into our choice but made them think somehow it was all their idea and decision. Very importantly we have given them something more than they expected, and as a result they are very happy. As a designer, that IS what we should aim for! After-all that's why they hired US instead of getting 'the secretary that knows how to use ms-word to come up with something'. You get kudos, more work and good referrals.

Obviously the percentages are approximate

So ends Session I. Anyone up for Session II?...

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post

Over the years I've designed many logo's (mainly for print media) but I think this tip still holds value and also applies to web based media (or most other visual media) and perhaps even 'Life as we know it'.

Session I(a)
    - How to neutralise the "Everyone's an Artist" Syndrome:

• Give the Client 3 options (any more just makes too much choice - not good)

1. A version of the Logo that the client has briefed you on (ie. their design)
    2. A version of the Logo that you want (ie. your 'professionally considered' design)
    3. A version of the Logo that is very bland, ineffective and unappealing

Why?... Well most clients (people) want to be in control of the decision making process when it comes to their company logo (and so they should be), but most don't really know what they want, but they certainly know what they DON'T want! Therefore option 3 gives them the opportunity to 'wield their power' ie. "I don't like that" - and therefore they feel they have made a 'good choice' and subsequently 'that' particular itch is satisfied.

So, cleverly, that has left us with options 1 & 2. Obviously option 2 is the one we are trying to sell them!... right?

If you do this thoughtfully, and also try to include an element of their idea, in my experience 90% of the time they will go for your design! In any case, so they should, you're the designer!!

9% of the time they will just go for their design (everyone's a bloody artist!) all good though because they got what they asked for.

On occasions I have had clients go for option 3 ... Oh well, 'just don't tell anyone that I designed it!!!

So, with option 2, what we have achieved is we have very intelligently 'steered' the client into our choice but made them think somehow it was all their idea and decision. Very importantly we have given them something more than they expected, and as a result they are very happy. As a designer, that IS what we should aim for! After-all that's why they hired US instead of getting 'the secretary that knows how to use ms-word to come up with something'. You get kudos, more work and good referrals.

Obviously the percentages are approximate

So ends Session I. Anyone up for Session II?...

Steve.
    I agree with your points.
    How experienced designer may be, he/she some times head down to the meaningless tastes of the client.

The logo is the most important design element because it is the basis for all your other materials: stationery, packaging, promotional materials and signage. Trying to create a logo on your own may seem like the best way to avoid the high costs of going to a professional design firm, which will charge thousands for a logo alone. However, be aware that there are a lot of independent designers, including many who advertise online, who charge much less.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerflopple View Post
    The logo is the most important design element because it is the basis for all your other materials: stationery, packaging, promotional materials and signage. Trying to create a logo on your own may seem like the best way to avoid the high costs of going to a professional design firm, which will charge thousands for a logo alone. However, be aware that there are a lot of independent designers, including many who advertise online, who charge much less.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mamuncei View Post
    Really good advice for designing a company logo. I have a suggestion, can be use a vector drawing in your logo..
    A vector based logo would be the most desirable option. That way you can scale it without pixellation issues - unless of course you need a bitmap image in your design.

Quote Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post
    +1
    A vector based logo would be the most desirable option. That way you can scale it without pixellation issues - unless of course you need a bitmap image in your design.
    You are right, I can scale it without pixellation .....It's an easy process but look posh..

how to edit gridview data using php?

Really good advice for designing a company logo. I have a suggestion, can be use a vector drawing in your logo..

Quote Originally Posted by mamuncei View Post

Yes we can use vector drawing in logo. If you interested in getting more details about this, I may produce you with complete info.

Thread Information