Building My Own CMS/Platform
I need advice…please help..
I owned HTML5 kindergarten website. It's static website.
The website designed in Dreamweaver CS3 from HTML5 template.
I would like to make it dynamic (content management), I mean that I could add pages, images, videos from some interface/platform (something like WIX concept)
Do I need to hire some web developer what will develop this kind of platform to make this website or I can use editors like ckeditor.
In the bottom line I want when the kindergarten teacher enter the website, she will see two fields: username and password. After login she could see kind of control panel with pages names of the website. She could get in update the content of the pages and add new pages + images to the website. In the end of each update she will save the changes by pressing "save" button.
I know you probably think that the perfect solution for this is to wordpress or joomla…. but I need to build my unique platform.
1. I don't know what I need for this: Sever Side - Data Base solution? PHP developing?
2. Who do I need to hire?
3. Do I need to hire PHP developer for this? How much this could cost?
4. Is it difficult or maybe I can use some free solutions for this (some converter from static to dynamic, I don't know)
5. If I want to make it by my self, what do I need to learn to develop this kind of platform by my self?
I will be thankful and appreciate each answer of you.
It is important to me to develop my own platform or to use some relevant tools to make my platform unique. It will serve my all kindergartens websites.
Hello. I will try to give you an idea about how this works.
1. To build a CMS you need solid knowledge about at least one server side programming language (PHP, ASP .NET), databases and web design.
2. You need a web developer and a web designer. The developer will build the logic part of the CMS and the designer will give it some nice clothes.
3. You could hire a PHP programmer. In my opinion, someone who knows Symfony2(PHP framework) will do just great, because you can be sure he/she has the know-how to build it. I don't know the costs, they differ for each country, and they differ according to the programmer's level of knowledge and experience.
4. There is no such thing as a converter. You need to write your own code.
5. You would need to do the job of two people:
b. for design: CSS3, HTML5, Photoshop
I'm sorry I keep looking at your chest while you're talking. It's just so beautiful. What is it, oak?
Thank you guys for your help...
Thank you guys for your help...
It is really sounds not an easy thing to do, so I though with my self and I think to use existing CMS is the right thing to do and I think I will go with wordpress.
Please advice me if you know:
1. The easiest way to convert already designed html5 website to wordpress - where are many ways I google it and saw in youtube, but which one the safe one and fast? If where a way to do it with some wordpress plugin?
2. If I want to limit my website with pages in wordpress, I mean I want that the admin could not add more than 1000 pages per website for example?
3. Can you tell me please what main advantages of joomla/drupal of worpress. I mean I probably will go with wordpress, but is any advantage for others CMS platforms not worpress?
Thank you again, you helped me a lot.
The main advantages of wordpress is that there are a lot of plugins for almost everything you would need, also excellent SEO plugins ,
the safest way to build your html5 website into wordpress would be to also hire a wordpress developer so he can do a custom wordpress template of your website, or if you find a template that is very similar to your website then you could tweak it to make it look like your website.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)