www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please Review: Tritium Keychain

Please Review: Tritium Keychain

I just finished a site with some cool stuff... it is for selling nuclear powered keychains.

Tritium Keychain

The CMS is WordPress and the theme is heavily modified by me, but a bit buggy still. Working out some of those bugs, but for now, it's mostly done.

The product line is just getting prepared, I will sell my own made in Europe. For now, there are some on Amazon that I put on the page just to get it up and ready.

The final site will sell these via Magento or some other eCommerce platform, since I don't expect huge traffic, maybe I can use the Godaddy system.

The "BUY NOW" button gave me absolute fits! I wanted to use a CSS SPrite and it would not work with this theme. Very strange.
    I finally gave up and put it in an iFrame. If it's good enough for Amazon and Facebook, it's good enough for me.

cool site and product 1 thing i like ti expand the website , i use a 23inchj screen but the thing is with your website that floating share vertical window is somehow going trough your website site borders

Quote Originally Posted by cashgate View Post
    ...but the thing is with your website that floating share vertical window is somehow going trough your website site borders
    +1 in FireFox 26.0. Apart from that your website looks good.
    In the process of learning: HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript.

Tecnically its minor nitpicks, I wont go into.
    From the visual standpoint, its a color soup.
    Social media are underlines with green, First product shot is reddish-pink, Background is blue and reddish orange, and the radioactivity logo is yellow with a pretty ugly green glow.
    The tagline "Tritium Light Keychains – Magic in your pocket." is a) hard to read, bcause its red on reddish orange Background b) Cheesy as hell c) not actually in the theme of radioactivity
    "Safe, reliable, useful." is better and you shouldnt have more then 1 tagline in the first place.
    (Although from my personal POV, the light seems pretty weak and not useful at all, also the radioactivity thing would make me think twice, before id just take that led keychain thingy)
    But enough of that, back to the actual review:
    The footer is stretched beyond the content of the actual blog and looks misplaced
    Change "Welcome to the home of “TritiumKeychain.com”." to "Welcome to the website of TritiumKeychain.", sound better IMO.
    "These make excellent presents for the guy or gal who has everything and likes unique, one-of-a-kind or high tech gadgets. The coolness factor is high in these keychains!" Is just cheesy.
    Move the Buy now button up, so ppl dont have to search for it. The images are black on white Background, which looks ugly. Stick to the white BG product shots like on the start of your werbsite.
    The BG image (the atom bomb) does not play well with the rest of the site, keep it more simple, Also on monitors greater than 1080p, the bg image cuts off. Either fade it away or remove it.

I can't give you a "besides that its ok", it needs a lot of work. Also "and the theme is heavily modified by me" is just nonsense in the context of a forum with webdevs lurking around. Keep it honest.

My recommendation:
    Rework what you actually want as a theme. The radioactive or the dark style look? Dont mix'em together.
    Since "Recent Comments" and "Categories" are empty and basicly useless, since all the interaction with customers will happen on social media, remove them.
    Also, the social media links are broken. Thats a big big no no.
    Lastly, that multicolored strip on the very 10 pixels of the website is just useless and should be removed.

Good luck.

Good responsive design.

Sorry, not good site...
    you have to change layout and also content.
    make it user friendly.
    best of luck.
    See the NEW Signature Rules

If you change your signature again - you're out of here. Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Pratick View Post
    Sorry, not good site...
    you have to change layout and also content.
    make it user friendly.
    best of luck.
    I'm sorry, what?
    "you have to change layout and also content"
    So basicly, delete it completely :D
    Or is there something else besides layout and content?

Quote Originally Posted by SairesArt View Post
    I'm sorry, what?
    "you have to change layout and also content"
    So basicly, delete it completely
    Or is there something else besides layout and content?
    Layout is very simple and not much attractive because when I scroll down i show some congested designs...
    See the NEW Signature Rules

If you change your signature again - you're out of here. Site Administrator

Thread Information