Hi All,

I know this is a fairly noob question but I have not worked with JavaScript since I was in Uni
Will make it up to you with addressing what I can in the PHP Selection

But, really simply I have 3 fields to input numbers.
When a number is entered I want JavaScript to supply a calculation based on this.
Easy rite??

The problem is that I cannot get JavaScript to write anything to the page So I am doing something wrong.
I want JavaScript to act as details are entered, please help so that I can place data on the page.

The code below is how far I have got, I am hoping the math is easy but I just need something to be printed to the page when a field is changed to start with,

Code:
<head>
	<title>Mortgage Planning</title>
</head>
<body>
	<div style="float: left; margin-left: 20px;">
		<h3>Enter Saving Plan Here:</h3>
		<table><tr><td>Weekly Saving:</td><td><input type="number" id="wkSav" onChange="calcTime()"></td></tr>
		<tr><td>Existing Savings:</td><td><input type="number" id="exSav" onChange="calcTime()"></td></tr>
		<tr><td><div style="height: 10px;"></td></tr> <!-- LINE BREAK -->
		<tr><td>Purchase Price:</td><td><input type="number" id="price" onChange="calcTime()"></td></tr></table>
	</div>
	<div style="float: left; margin-left: 200px;">
		<h2>Purchase Date Summary</h2>
		<p id="summary">
			<script type="text/javascript">
				function calcTime() {
					float con = document.getElementByID("wkSav");
					float cur = document.getElementByID("exSav");
					float pur = document.getElementByID("price");

document.write(con);
				}

</script>
		</p>	
	</div>
</body>
I would be happy if this printed hello to the page at the moment
Problem is that I get the page I want to start with but I am needing this to dynamically change as fields are complete.
I have spent that last 5 hours on Google trying to make something happen and Firebug is recording the function request, just no processing of it

Thanks in advance. Jarad