www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Learning Front end web development

Hybrid View

Learning Front end web development

I have been learning front end development off and on for quite a while now. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the concept. I know the best way to really learn this is to put it into practice. That's where I'm getting stuck. I feel in order to really dive into learning this sort of stuff I need to start making websites. Obviously I don't believe I'm anywhere near good enough to start doing this for clients and am wondering if there are any sites or sources out there that already have image assets to use in order to piece mock up sites together in order to really learn this. I'm not the best at the part of creating assets through photoshop is why I ask.

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks!

A bunch of HTML5 responsive page templates:
    http://html5up.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2 View Post
    A bunch of HTML5 responsive page templates:
    http://html5up.net/
    Thanks for that link Kevin2 - inspiring stuff.

I'm just getting back into web dev/design myself so I'm in a similar position to the op.

What I really like about the examples is the "less is more" approach and the effective use of typography.
    Uncluttered with a lot of 'space'. Also most have a simple background which makes the images really 'pop'.

FFwade, there are lots of royalty free images out there - and if you can learn some of the basic image/adjustment techniques in photoshop it means you can mess with them to suit your own needs and transform them into your 'own'.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post
    Thanks for that link Kevin2 - inspiring stuff.
    You're welcome, Steve! Happy to help and inspire. Well, maybe just help inspire...

Quote Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post
    What I really like about the examples is the "less is more" approach [...]
    Less is more is where I really fail. I tend to get very wordy on my pages. Maybe I can get "inspired" to change my ways.

Thanks for the guiding about learn the web development.

Thanks for sharing a very nice information related to front end web development. this threat is really very helpful for me.

Thread Information