www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Broswer Differences

Broswer Differences

I am just starting out, so I do not know much. I think I grasp what I know so far fairly well.

However I have noticed that there is a significant difference in how my code is displayed between IE and FireFox. I have the latest versions of each. Do I need to enable something in FireFox for it to display properly or are they just different?

An example of what I am talking about is this simple code:

window.alert("Hello world");

In FireFox it doesn't float above the page, and it doesn't have the escape x in the upper right corner (it is not there at all).

Quote Originally Posted by EdFactor View Post
    However I have noticed that there is a significant difference in how my code is displayed between IE and FireFox. I have the latest versions of each. Do I need to enable something in FireFox for it to display properly or are they just different?
    Properly is a relative term; they are different. What you point out is not the typical occurence of this, that will change with operating system and browser settings, however, particularly if you start moving back browser versions, you will find lots and lots of differences between browsers. Typically Opera, Firefox and Chrome will be broadly similar as they are standards-compliant, and IE will deviate substantially from them (particularly, as I say, te older the browser).
    Great wit and madness are near allied, and fine a line their bounds divide.

Thread Information