www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web development help

Hybrid View

Web development help

Hi i have this idear for my new website but i cant find the solutions that will solve the idears,

they are like this : it will be a member site that will allow someone to upload a video to there account page and from there they can setup a recipient to recive that video later in the week or mount.

any one with an idear on how to do this, and whats the best cms to usse in this project?

How will the recipient receive the video? It will send him a message to a link to view it?

Any CMS should be able to be customized to handle something like this. I like Drupal personally.

I'd envision two custom record types in the CMS. One for videos. The other for video messages.

The database tables would look something like this:

Videos
    - Video ID
    - User ID --> FK for the User Table
    - Video Path

Video Messages
    - Message ID
    - Video ID --> FK to the Video Table
    - User ID --> FK to the User Table
    - Date to Send

You'd then set up a daily script to query the message table for anything scheduled to send today. Then you'd send the user a link to the video.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by cbVision View Post
    How will the recipient receive the video? It will send him a message to a link to view it?

Any CMS should be able to be customized to handle something like this. I like Drupal personally.

I'd envision two custom record types in the CMS. One for videos. The other for video messages.

The database tables would look something like this:

Videos
    - Video ID
    - User ID --> FK for the User Table
    - Video Path

Video Messages
    - Message ID
    - Video ID --> FK to the Video Table
    - User ID --> FK to the User Table
    - Date to Send

You'd then set up a daily script to query the message table for anything scheduled to send today. Then you'd send the user a link to the video.
    I woul like the recipient to recive a email with a link to a page where he or she can see and download the video, the thing is that it needs to be an automated procces Like this:

Login (after a account is created) upload or make a video on the users account, setup a reciver for the video with time and date, if in any case the user needs to send the video after a period of more then 6 mounts he will recive a email to confirm the recipient email after the 6 mounts.

The iŽd envision sound just like the thing i need i will take a look at that.

Thanks for the advise i realy have my hands full on this project so i appriciate all the help i can get!

Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which ... its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to ... Joomla is an open source project and contributions from the community

Can any extensions do the job or do i have to find a way to code the site to get the functions?

I cant find anything so if anyone could point me in the direction to get info or the help i need, i would appriciate it alot

i am agree with betlam

this is a module for Drupal it might be what you're looking
    http://www.moneyscripts.net/drupal-file-downloads-suite

Thread Information