www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What to invest time in learning for web developers?

What to invest time in learning for web developers?

I've been spending some time now trying to find what is a good career path for a web developer but I can't so I hope that others can help me out with this. My latest projects have been developing the front-end of single page web applications. I'm hearing a lot about mobile but I don't know where to even start. It is important to know what the right thing is to invest time into learning. I can't find answers to things like should I learn how to make iphone apps, android apps, responsive apps for smart phones, for tablets...basically, I really want to learn what the trends are.

I have no evidence to back it up but I suspect that much of the mobile-specific code will prove transitory, particularly with the growth of tablets that have useful sized screens (and resolutions). It will be increasingly important for them to be able to faithfully display and navigate "standard" web sites. However, I do not think that applies to responsive techniques. The ability to accommodate a wide range of window or display sizes is a significant step forwards from traditional static pages. So I think there will be a gradual shift to a common way of developing web pages, irrespective of the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by vbelenky View Post
    I've been spending some time now trying to find what is a good career path for a web developer but I can't so I hope that others can help me out with this. My latest projects have been developing the front-end of single page web applications. I'm hearing a lot about mobile but I don't know where to even start. It is important to know what the right thing is to invest time into learning. I can't find answers to things like should I learn how to make iphone apps, android apps, responsive apps for smart phones, for tablets...basically, I really want to learn what the trends are.
    hiiiiii vbelenky, android apps is good career option

Web-development as a career option has been gaining ground because of a boom in e-commerce that has seen more companies gain an online presence. In the next two to three years, it is likely that more services will enforce cloud-based delivery models as their primary channel of service.

The country’s IT sector grew by over nine per cent in 2012 alone, with its domestic revenue standing at Rs. 1.71 lakh crore and its exports, at Rs. 3.73 lakh crore.

Thread Information