www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Changing div classes works on localhost but not on site

Hybrid View

Changing div classes works on localhost but not on site

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this technique will not display correctly on my hosted site.

It works fine in the fiddle below as well as locally on my laptop when accessing index.html from a browser.

http://jsfiddle.net/movnonup/Ev52M/5/

However, when I upload to the test site and test this snippet in the latest versions of Safari, Opera, Chrome and FF it displays nothing.

I'm at a loss. The solution is definitely not obvious to me. I can provide the site URL if needed.

Ooops, sorry, here's the correct updated fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/movnonup/Ev52M/6/

To clarify, the class 'night' and class 'day' are correctly added to the div ID "timeofday" on the localhost version of my site.

So, if I view source on the local index.html it correctly displays, for example <div id="timeofday" class="night">

For whatever strange reason, when I view source on the very same code up on my hosted server, the div remains <div id="timeofday"> with no class added.

ugh DUH.... all set folks. Foot firmly in mouth. I had stripped out the onload event in an earlier rev. I had been using $(function()) locally. Added onload back in to <body> and all is well.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and the very best New Year.

Thread Information