dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please Review My Website

Cool Please Review My Website

Hey,

Please review my website. currently, my main aim is to make it look as much professional as possible.

I would like to get feedback on:
    1. Content
    2. Design
    3. Speed
    4. Layout
    5. Interactivity and User Experience
    6. anything that comes on your mind.

URL: Megaleechers

*** btw I already know this tool - https://validator.w3.org

Thank you !!!

Lightbulb Your website seems to be very good but does have some ways it could be changed

I have not reviewed a website before but I will have a go, I hope this is helpful.
    Content
    There doesn't seem to be any problem with the content of any of the posts. The ones that I have read seem to be to the point, it seems to be organised and they don't go on longer than they would need to, I did find it useful that you supplied bullet points on different features of the software and the features introduced the most recent version.
    Design
    There does not seem to be any change in the design language of the website, the sites design language stays consistent when you move throughout the pages of the website. I do like the design language you have gone for with your website, it is pleasing to the eye and it is minimalist.
    Speed
    When it comes to speed of the website there didn't seem to be any lag when navigating the website and everything within the website and the posts seem to load quickly, I never needed to wait for something to load like I have had to do on other sites.
    Layout
    I do like the layout of the website where the main part of each of the pages of the website is always the central column and there always seems to be a bar at the side show the most popular posts on your website. I find it useful that you have chosen to put the other posts that are considered to be related to the current one at the bottom of the post so that they will be seen by people that have read the entire post. I do appreciate the you having a button in the lower bottom corner which takes the user to the top of the page. I also appreciate how the posts are shown on the list, where you show a short preview of the post, it shows the type of the post and it is useful to see the date the post was either made or last updated.
    Interactivity and User Experience
    I do like how you have made it easy for people to sign in to their favourite website to comment on the post by using Disqus for your websites comment section which allows people to some of the most used websites. I do think that it would be useful for you to provide a link to the user so that they can add your website to their RSS feed app so that they will be notified of any new posts. I don't know if you have this already but I do think that it would be useful for users to have an option for them to be emailed when you have posted to your website or to have a weekly email highlighting the posts that were made throughout the week. I have just found that you have got a newsletter email field, I would like to know what the newsletter consist of but I do think that the newsletter email form is a bit out of the way at the bottom of the website and would be easily missed. I left the first part about the newsletter to show that I was only able to notice that there was an email field because I went to the bottom of your website while reviewing the site, which everyone may not do.
    Extra
    I don't know whether this is just in the browser I am using but it seems as though the loading icon next to the name in the tab doesn't seem to stop spinning, I'm using Google Chrome. I thought it might be struggling to load an element of the web page. I did seem to have some unprompted pop-ups on your website that appear when I haven't clicked anything, this became to be a nuisance when trying to look at your site. I don't know if you are aware of why these popup ads are appearing.
    I hope this is helpful as I have just read through it and I don't seem to have highlighted much that is wrong with your website as there doesn't seem to be many problems with your site.

wow...this is kinda old school...idk...comes off kinda un-professional...

@RDWM - thank you.

@natwat123 - wow I really appreciate your thorough review!!!
    one thing to mention my site in under "Blogger" platform. I have not created that template, I just made some changes to it.
    * about the Newsletter, I will surely add it to the sidebar soon.
    * about the pop ups/pop under - I have removed it, for now, i don't want to disturb my visitors.
    * about the loading icon - if you have noticed, I have a lot of widgets (around), which I can't control, if they become temporarily slow for any reason.

thank you so much

I think website is good but you need improvement. Content should be unique this is good thing. Site speed also matters.

Hi and welcome to the site. Your site is attractive and generally responsive, but I noticed the "+ Extras" on the nav bar scrolls off the right of the screen before the nav bar is suppressed. Otherwise, a creditable effort.

thank you i'v tried to fix it. can you please check it now? btw if you can please tell me your browser and resolution?

Validator css - https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...rning=&lang=en
    Sorry! We found the following errors (53)

Don't miss the Warnings (103) at the bottom.
    Last edited by Train; 07-22-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: add url

Thank you Train, I already know this tool, but now I have noticed a new error and I have fixed just now! thanks again

@josephfranklin1 - can you add more details? how should I improve my site?

Please note Validator and css-validator are not the same.
    https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...rning=&lang=en

yes yes, I found out that those "warnings (103)" are ok and they are not damaging my site. besides that, I have three tiny errors and that's it. thanks again

Thread Information