www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help creating a product page with multiple variations

Help creating a product page with multiple variations

I want to create a function so that someone can choose a different color of a product.

For am example of what I'm talking about is like Amazon's page: http://goo.gl/og7qji

When you click on a different color, it will automatically change the price and set that color to the one your want.

Not sure if this is created with PHP or javascript, so any help would be appreciated.

Probably lots of JavaScript (JQuery?) with color/product/price info supplied by the server-side code (JSON object?).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Probably lots of JavaScript (JQuery?) with color/product/price info supplied by the server-side code (JSON object?).
    OK, so If I wanted to do something similar, how would I go about doing it? What tutorials would help

I'd probably start with some googling on jquery and using it to modify the DOM, particularly form values and images.

Or you could look around to see if there's any open-source e-commerce solutions out there that already provide such a feature.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information