www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: webfont problems

webfont problems

im sorry before, im newbie as webprogrammer, and im a new born baby in this forum

i have problem about webfont, my question :
    1. Is font for web different with font for desktop?
    i have try to include my font, and i have tried @font-face css. but its different with my designer view in photoshop.

2. Is there web for free font web i could download? i just want to test it, would it be same with my designer's design if i use my own downloaded webfont.

my designer said he use helvetica neue 37 light condensed. when i search that font name in www.fonts.com it said the file name is HelveticaNeueLTStd-ThCn.
    when i try to use it, it doesn't look same in chrome, its work fine in mozilla firefox.

(im sorry before if i have wrong word in my thread, i dont really could speak english well. thanks for your all attention, thanks so much)

hmm, can some one help me please.
    or is there any thread same like mine? i have tried to search it in google and in this forum, but i dont find it.

If you can't find the exact font and you refuse to try something different; then go with an image replacement technique
    http://css-tricks.com/css-image-replacement/

yeah dude, i have think that way. but just curious. did webfont really different with font that my friend use in photoshop?

anyway thanks and i appreciate your reply

Quote Originally Posted by BBhunter View Post
    yeah dude, i have think that way. but just curious. did webfont really different with font that my friend use in photoshop?

anyway thanks and i appreciate your reply
    Your friend most likely has way more choices of fonts on his computer than what a service like Font Squirrel has available to the public. You could always take your friend's font and try uploading it to a service like Font Squirrel (but then you are getting into copyright issue and you don't want to get sued for using a font that you don't have legal permission to use).

If you can't find that exact font available online (paid or free) and really want to use it go with the image replacement technique.

okay, thanks a lot for your suggestion, i am exploring font squirrel now.
    i think for next, i give my friend option from my font choice.

Thread Information