Full Time Java Developer
Are you seeking a company who will value your Java development background and give you a great work/life balance? We are looking for a Rock Star Java developer who will be involved in the redesign of a new end-to-end content management system that will allow client to work smarter and more efficiently. A distributed, service-oriented architecture is utilized on the backend, in order to enable high scalability and interoperability of systems. This will allow new subsystems to be implemented as needed and connected to existing components using standards-based interfaces.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Relocation assistance offered
We pay a referral bonus
Please send your resume to email@example.com
- Operate effectively in high-context environments.
- Make valuable contributions to architectural discussions and decisions.
- Ensure that all implementation team members have the appropriate domain knowledge to effectively resolve ambiguities that arise during the development process, by either communicating knowledge that they have already obtained or escalating questions outside the scope of their knowledge.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business as appropriate to the client, to address the business needs and high-level features that constitute the deliverables.
- Work with product owner, scrum master, and technical lead to write and review solution-oriented documentation that captures implementation details and describes the business needs that gave rise to them.
- Consult with stakeholders as needed to assess user needs and validate solution implementation.
- Pro-actively communicate with scrum team about project contingencies and obstacles.
- Responsible for scrum-release and pre-QA testing cycles to ensure the highest possible quality of deliverable.
- Work closely with stakeholders and front-end vendors to ensure that deliverables effectively address the needs of clients.
- Help prepare regular releases that demonstrate completion of milestones associated with user-identifiable progress.
- Create internal and external documentation in compliance of the contract.
- Demonstrate key features to stakeholders and potential users and document their feedback, including both formal presentations of sprint-based deliverables at the end of each sprint and informal presentations during the development process as needed to solicit feedback from stakeholders.
- Report, document, and assist in tracking and documenting bugs, defects, and issues.
- Maintain, test, integrate, and support software solutions throughout development and release cycles.
- Work effectively with other members of the implementation team as well as stakeholder teams that support implementation and operations.
- Assist other development team members in coming up to speed on specific code areas.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Java fluency with 5+ years’ experience in Java software design and development for web-based, database driven applications running on Linux-based operating systems.
- Strong experience with Spring (security, code and data a plus), Hibernate and RESTful.
- Must be able to add value immediately upon hire.
- No remote work, all work done onsite.
- Oracle experience for backend.
- 8570 compliance a plus
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain security clearance required.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
Very competitive compensation, commensurate to experience, education, etc. The position offers a generous benefits package, to include healthcare benefits, paid time off (vacation/sick/holiday), and 401(k) with employer match. This position is metro accessible.
when possible add me on skype: webdevlopmentgroup
I'm more then happy to support.
OFFICE: 1-800-219-1314 EXT 0
NYC Based DEV.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)